Feudi Branciforti dei Bordonaro
By the lush hills of the estate of Mulberry Large manifests its rich and ripe fruit. It reveals the Goblet of ruby red color with garnet and charming property with gentle tannins and the softness of the fabric. Collected in the third week of August to the achievement of a perfect ripening of the grapes of Merlot Branciforti Bordonaro occurs with mellow notes of berries, tobacco and cocoa showing immediately pleasant taste with concluding notes of ripe plums and licorice.
- Classification: Terre Siciliane I.G.T.
- Grape varieties: 100% Merlot
- Vineyards location: Territory of Trapani – hilly ground 250/400 mt. a. s. l.
- Soil composition: Medium mixture with a clayey tendency
- Training system: Gujot Espalier
- Nr. Vines per hectare: n° 5.000
- Yields per hectare: 8.000 kg
- Harvest: III decade of September – I of October
- Period of fermentation: 10 days at 24°-28° C C
- Production method: Traditional red wine vinification, stainless steel fermenters at controlled temperature.
- Alcohol: 13,5% by vol.
- Tasting notes: Deep intense ruby red colour. This wine made from Merlot grapes, has a Mediterrenean style and a bouquet that reminds soft balsamic notes and small red fruits. Rich and determined on the palate, its tannins are soft and velvety.
- Serving temperature: 16/18° C.
- Pairing: Ideal match with dishes like lasagna with ragout, veal filet with wild mushrooms, stewed boar.