Feudi Branciforti dei Bordonaro
From the south facing vineyards on the estate of Gelso Grande, between Mount Erice and the Egadi born Nero d’Avola Branciforti of Bordonaro. Perfect archetype of sicilianità mature slowly in full sun to reveal band of intense ruby red color with purple reflections. Collected in the third week of September is characterized by scents of ripe red fruits, plum and Mediterranean with delicate balsamic notes. I decided favors pairings with dishes of red meat, roast spiced and seasoned cheeses.
- Classification: Terre Siciliane I.G.T.
- Grape varieties: 100% Nero D’Avola
- Vineyards location: Territory of Trapani – hilly ground 250/400 mt. a. s. l.
- Soil composition: Medium mixture with a clayey tendency
- Training system: Gujot Espalier
- Nr. Vines per hectare: n° 5.000
- Yields per hectare: 8.000 kg
- Harvest: III decade of September – I of October
- Period of fermentation: 10 days at 24°-28° C
- Production method: Traditional red wine vinification, stainless steel fermenters at controlled temperature
- Alcohol: 13,5% by vol.
- Tasting notes: Wine with a red roubin colour, on the palate it’s soft and enveloping. Made from Nero d’Avola grapes, it represents the fruit of a long experience in the most modern vinification technologies, but with a rigorous respect of ancient traditions.
- Serving temperature: 16/18° C.
- Pairing: Ideal accompaniment to roast or grilled meat and flavoured medium-aged cheese